Monday, September 30, 2013

Freezing food

One of the easiest ways I have found to freeze various foods is by using muffin tins.  I got the idea from using ice cube trays to freeze homemade baby food for my daughter.  I had made soup and being me I made a huge batch.  I wanted to freeze it to save it for later but I wanted to do it so I had single portions.  I thought about trying a muffin tin.  It was perfect.  I froze the soup in the tins, popped them out and stored them in freezer bags.  Then when I want some I just take a couple out and thaw them.  Since then I have used the idea for other things.  We got a huge thing of salsa and nacho cheese.  There was no way we were going to eat them before they went bad.  I wanted to freeze them as well and that's when I tried lining the tins with plastic wrap.  So much easier!

This is how they looked before frozen:

 

Once they were frozen it was easy to just pop them out with the plastic wrap.  I keep it just the same as soup, in freezer bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment